How to find us
St Mellons Baptist Church is just off Newport Road, Old St Mellons. Turn between The Coach House and The Bluebell onto Ty'r Winch Road. Halfway up the short hill is the Parish Church; at the top of the hill on the left hand side is the Baptist Church.
On Sundays, disabled visitors can use the small church car-park. For others, Ty'r Winch Road is usually the easiest place to park (and also Wern Fawr Lane which is just a two minute walk to church). Please be considerate to our neighbours when parking and not park infront of driveways.
Our reference point for sat nav users is 51.528054, -3.112773
From further afield
Situated within easy access of both the A48 and the M4, St Mellons Baptist Church is in a convenient location for holiday-makers, and those living in the many rural villages without churches in the locality. If you are using SatNav or an online mapping service, use the streetname Eurwg Crescent, CF3 5UT as your destination.
From the West (M4)
- Leave the M4 at Junction 30 (Cardiff Gate) and take the short A4232 dual-carriageway down to the A48.
- Turn left onto the A48 (towards Newport), then leave at the next exit, and follow the directions from number 2, below.
From Central Cardiff (A48)
- Leave the A48 dual-carriage way at the last junction before it joins the M4. The junction is signposted St Mellons, and is immediately after the Cardiff Gate exit.
- At the roundabout, Wyevale Garden Centre should be opposite you. Turn right into Old St Mellons.
- At the first traffic lights, turn right into Wern Fawr Lane.
- After half a mile, turn left at the T-junction, onto Ty'r Winch Road.
- The church is about half a mile up on your right hand side.
From the East (A48 & M4)
- If coming to Cardiff from the East, leave the M4 at Junction 28, and take the second exit (signposted A48/St Mellons).
- Go straight over three small roundabouts in fairly quick succession.
- Follow the A48 for the next 2-3 miles, until you get to a large roundabout by Wyevale Garden Centre.
- Go straight over this roundabout, then follow the directions from 3, above.
Ty'r Winch Road
Old St Mellons