Thought for the Week
Every week, our assistant minister, Peter Milsom, writes an article which relates the teaching of the Bible to daily life and current events. These weekly articles are brought to you from the Thought for the Week website. You can read more about the ministry here.
We invite you to read the articles each week and pray that they will enable you to find real help and encouragement in God’s Word and especially in his Son, Jesus Christ. The articles are also published every week in newspapers throughout the UK.
Below are some of the most recent articles. Click the links to read the full articles on the Thought for the Week site. From this week, they will also be posted on our blog.
- Lifeboats are a familiar sight when we are on holiday in Britain. In 2019 lifeboats were launched 8941 times and 372 lives were saved. Since the RNLI was founded in 1824, more than 143,000 lives have been saved. More than 600 lifeboat crew lives have also been lost. Most of the people who crew the […]
- Yesterday morning my wife and I attended the first service in our local church building since 15 March. It was good to see our friends again, but it was very different. Normally there would be more than 100 people of all ages present, but yesterday we were only 25 because of government restrictions on church […]
- On 6 September 1620 the Mayflower sailed from Plymouth to America, the New World, carrying 102 passengers and 25 crew. Most of the passengers were Christians who have come to be known as the “Pilgrim Fathers.” It was not an easy trip with cramped living quarters for a journey taking 2 months. The first half […]
- Many people in the world today are experiencing injustice. In Hong Kong tens of thousands protested against the postponement of the planned election and Beijing’s imposition of a new national security law in Hong Kong. They face long prison sentences. In Minsk, Belarus, thousands demonstrated against the alleged vote-rigging in the recent re-election of President […]
- The birth of a first child is an occasion for great joy. In June Pete and Grace, who work at Hebron School in India, rejoiced in the birth of their son Asher and their families and friends rejoiced with them. When he was five weeks old Asher was taken ill with vomiting and admitted to […]